Tuesday 15 May 2012

Sunday Recap - Exam day!

This Sunday, unfortunately, was not nearly as relaxed as last Sunday. I'm going through for my Certified Managerial Accountant designation and I had a (rewrite) exam in Oshawa Sunday morning at 9:00 AM. I am NOT enjoying the process. I know lots of people manage to hold down a full time job while studying as well - Angel did an amazing job at it - but I just find myself to be hardly motivated. So I was fairly stressed about the exam. Didn't sleep much Saturday night. Woke up well before 5:00 AM because I couldn't sleep. The drive down to Oshawa wasn't too bad, just a little rain. I was glad to get into the examination room and actually start writing. I almost took the entire four hours and left one question (on foreign currency and cumulative translation adjustments) completely blank. Tim wanted to know whether I was excited or relieved when I finished - I think I'm more just overwhelmed by the whole process. I'm not even close to the end.

The weather had cleared up by the time I was heading home and it was absolutely beautiful. It was good to get to hang out with Tim for the afternoon. We spent a few hours outside cleaning and washing our cars - the G6 and the Element both look pretty spiffy! Wouldn't you know, though - as soon as I pulled the G6 out of the parking lot to take it around to park it, a bird pooped on it. Angel and Tim were both laughing at me about it - stupid bird!!



To celebrate Mother's Day, Tim and I took Dean, Wendy, and Tim's aunt Jill out for dinner at Brio Gusto on Charlotte St. We popped over to Dean and Wendy's first for a glass of wine. It was such a beautiful day to be sitting on the patio! Dinner was wonderful as well - I'll have a separate post about this later!

After dinner we went back to Dean and Wendy's to watch the Survivor finale! The past few years I haven't watched Survivor at all - I just couldn't seem to get into it. But this season has been amazing! The people were great and the way they interacted was just amazing. I was so pleased that Kim chose to take Sabrina and Chelsea to the final three. I really like when they stay with their original alliances and don't backstab each other. There were lots of blindsides this season! I was really pleased that Kim won - I felt she played the best game. She was really working on everyone all the time and instigated most of the big moves.


Go all women's alliance!! Photo courtesy of CBS Entertainment - Jeffrey R. Staab

No comments:

Post a Comment