Sunday 6 May 2012

Stores I Love - FireHouse Gourmet

There are certain places that when you walk in, they instantaneously lift your spirits. Chapters and Riley's are two such places for me. FireHouse Gourmet in East City is another. Dave and Anna have this amazing little gem of a foodie paradise, full of hot sauces, olive oils and vinegars, great spices, and much, much more. I could spend a lot of time just browsing the shelves and reading labels, if I don't think they'd find it just a little creepy!


Dave and Anna helping a customer pick out a birthday gift. 


Olive oils and vinegars


Artisanal pastas


Cookbooks and cooking implements


Pickled vegetables and LOTS of hot sauces!


And here are my purchases for today - a really nice extra virgin olive oil . . . 

 

. . . Crosswind Farms toasted garlic chevre - sadly, neither FireHouse nor the farmer's market Crosswind stall had black pepper, which is my favourite . . . 


 . . . and the aforementioned magically delicious maple ice jelly!!

What a delicious errand run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment