Tuesday 1 May 2012

Find Out Who Your Friends Are

I am one of those people who is extraordinarily lucky in her friends. The older I get, the more I appreciate them. We're pretty much all in our late twenties now, with a few people having crept over the thirty threshold. (Tim is on his way there in August!) Last year was the first year that we really had any weddings - this year the number has doubled. No one has become pregnant yet, but it's definitely on the horizon.

What I was always told about this period in my life was that I should expect my friend group to start splitting apart. People would nest and disappear a little bit - friendships, like any relationship, grow and change. But if anything, I find my friendships getting tighter. We seem to make more of an effort to get together for lunch, to chat online, to have a few drinks once or twice a week. It's definitely changed - we used to go out, get drunk, party until the wee hours of the morning. The hours can still get pretty wee, but I like that we now sit around the kitchen table and chat about all sorts of things. Finances, buying property, weddings, etiquette, sex, restaurants, politics . . . You name it, we discuss it. I love this latest evolution of our lives.

This one is for all of you!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment