Sunday 20 May 2012

Not So Impulse Buys - The Sleeping Bag Arrives!

I was SOOO excited to get the delivery notice in the mail regarding my MEC order - the original delivery date was May 17th, but then the estimate was bumped back to the 18th. Usually they attempt a delivery but I'm at work, and then I can't go pick up the parcel at the Canada Post depot until the next day because they have to receive and enter it into the computer system. So I was very worried I wouldn't get it in time for our camping trip this weekend. It made me so happy to see that delivery had been attempted on the 16th! Yay for Canada Post!

Carrying the box out to the car, I was pleasantly surprised by how light it was. When I got it home . . . Light doesn't begin to describe this sleeping bag. It weighs nothing. This is what I would picture holding a cloud to feel like. I may have played out this scene (substitute sleeping bag for the unicorn):



It's also really well made. Everything feels very well-constructed about it. I did all the things you're supposed to do - checked the seams and the taping. Everything lies flat and is even. Looks great, and it's a beautiful deep red colour. I was worried the inside would feel sticky (because the fabric is water-repellant, it's shiny) but it feels surprisingly nice inside. I'm still planning on getting a liner for it at some point, both to up the warmth factor and to lessen the likelihood of damage or getting it overly dirty. It's so light that I'm a bit worried it won't be warm enough, but we'll get to put that to the test this weekend!


Sleeping bag in its' stuff sack


It's so fluffy!


Mmmm, toasty! 


Love!

I also ordered a GSI Crossover Kitchen Kit and this thing is so cool. I was annoyed last time we went camping and had neither utensils nor dish washing supplies. This kit has little salt and pepper/spice shakers, a little squeeze tube for dish soap. It has a big spoon, tongs, and a spatula, all which compact for teeny-tiny storage. It has a scrubbing pad and drying cloth in a separate area of the pouch that's meshed to allow it to dry. It also has the tiniest cutting board I've ever seen . . . Not sure how useful that will be, but we'll try it out! Love this kit!


The kit


Everything all neatly packed


All the fun stuff - from left: towel, scrub pad, cutting board, tongs, spoon, spatula, dish soap, olive oil, spice container (salt, pepper, garam masala, cajun spice)

No comments:

Post a Comment