Thursday 24 May 2012

Nightly Battle

I generally try to make my bed every morning. Back when I used to sleep by myself, this was the easiest task of my day, and it was nice to start the day off with a sense of accomplishment. It was easy because when I go to bed, I pull back the covers, slide in, and fall asleep. One minute. Two minutes tops. When I woke up, I would get out of the bed, flip the covers back into place, and rearrange the pillows. No big deal!

Sleeping with Tim changes the entire ball game. Tim likes to cuddle before going to sleep. But he doesn't like to cuddle while sleeping. We're that couple that sleeps with our backs to one another on the far opposite sides of the bed. For Tim, it's probably because he's worried I'm suddenly going to koala attack him in the middle of the night. For me, it's because I'm scared of his flailing limbs. He moves so much!

The unfortunate (for the state of my bedroom) consequence of this is that the bed is a disaster all the time. The sheet is never tucked in, the duvet is always crumpled up inside the duvet cover, there are pillows all over the bed and all over the floor . . . *sigh* Domesticity at it's finest.



No comments:

Post a Comment