Tuesday 1 May 2012

Last Night's Dinner - Flattened Chicken with a Tomato-Saffron Vinaigrette

Now that Tim has actually moved in with me (just temporarily until we move into the new place), he seems to be sleeping a lot better. The antibiotics seem to have killed off the giardia parasite. All of the x-rays and MRIs have been completed on his back and jaw, and those all came back clear. He has an ultrasound this Thursday to check the vascular system within his chest, just as a final check to make sure he doesn't have any problems there. So really, the only battle now to have him (and me) at best health is to eat properly. I have the really bad habit of just not eating if I'm cooking for myself. Having Tim living with me now should solve that.

Last night we made this Flattened Chicken with a Tomato-Saffron Vinaigrette.


It was good, but a little too acidic for my taste. I've never been a huge tomato fan and the dressing really takes on a mix of the tomatoes and the saffron. I also used a smoked paprika instead of the regular paprika. It was a good way to get some salad into our meal, though. It needed some kind of starch - maybe a roasted potato? I don't think it will go on my 'Make Again' list. 

Update: Surprisingly, much better cold the next day - some of the brassiness is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment