Monday 14 May 2012

Garage Sale for Heart and Stroke

Even though I was supposed to spend all Friday and Saturday reviewing for my exam, I couldn't help but get pulled into Tim's Heart and Stroke yard sale just the teeniest bit. I donated a lot of stuff that I didn't need anymore. Tim's friends and family members did a lot of the same. Not-so-strangely, we all seemed to take home a few of each others' things!! I got a pizza stone and peel of Wendy and Dean's and a pot rack lid from Dawn and Mark. Dean took a big coffee table book on volcanoes from Tim. Dawn grabbed a copy of Eat, Pray, Love. 

Tim couldn't have asked for better weather, and he was steadily busy from 7:00 AM all the way until the early afternoon. People were very generous when they learned that it was a fundraiser for Heart and Stroke. Between purchases and donations, Tim raised almost $550!! This takes him almost up to $2,000 in his fundraising efforts for the ride on June 3rd. I know he still has $2,500 in mind as a final goal, so if you're reading this and haven't donated and can part with a few dollars, head here: Tim's Ride for Heart donation page


Lots of yard salers checking out the deals and steals!


This fine, fine fur jacket could have been yours for the low, low price of offering Tim whatever change you had in your pocket!


Jackie kept a close eye on things so that no one wandered off without paying.



Tim and Dean counting money and rolling change after the sale finished. (We celebrated with the tarts I bought at the market!)


Relaxing after a long day of schmoozing.


I'm so proud of him - I wasn't sure if he could pull it off last minute, but I should have had more faith! What a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment