Sunday 6 May 2012

Presents - My Birthday

I got so spoiled this year for my birthday! Shannon bought me the clothes hangers I wanted to reorganize my closet, Blaire gave me a toaster (definitely needed for the new house), Angel got me baking dishes and a beautiful water pitcher, Dean and Wendy gave me an absolutely gorgeous outdoor lantern, Lisa made my life an infinitely better place by giving me Footloose, and Carley started summer planning early by giving me a margarita set.

All of that - any of that - would have been enough. But Tim went overboard in the best possible way on top of all of that. He gave me a gift every day of the week leading up to my birthday. Monday it was a beautiful bouquet of calla lilies, which are my favourite flower. Tuesday was a bottle of aged balsamic vinegar and a jar of maple ice jelly. Wednesday I received a new camping Thermarest. And finally on my birthday on Thursday he took me out to dinner at 38 Degrees and gave me a printout of my final gift - an amazing print of a watercolour of the continents that I have adored from afar for over a year. But it hadn't shipped yet.

The picture finally came in the mail last week and I couldn't have been more excited!! I had to wait for Tim to get home from work to open it (I never would have gotten it out of the box on my own). It's SO perfect!! Thanks, sweetheart - I absolutely love it!!




Velvet coated hangers from Costco


Wood and metal outdoor lantern


Maple ice jelly and balsamic from Firehouse Gourmet - believe me when I say you NEED this jelly. It is one of the most incredible things I've ever put in my mouth. I might actually go pick some more up right now.


Thermarest from Wild Rock Outfitters


Calla lilies (strangely) from Sobey's

No comments:

Post a Comment