Saturday 5 May 2012

Farmer's Market - First Day Outdoors!

Today was the first day the Saturday Peterborough Farmer's Market was outside - yay for the new summer season! I love going to the farmer's market early on Saturday mornings. It's great to walk around and see all the beautiful things that are being grown and made locally. It's a nice place to take your dog (I really want a dog). I usually run into at least a couple of people I know.


The buffalo meat stand - the sausages are so good here. 


The best fresh apple cider. He adds a little pear juice as well - it really works. Especially heated up with a little spiced rum. 


Kyoto coffee - I'm sure if Tim had been with me he would have appreciated this.


Beautiful flowers that I REALLY wanted to buy. Alas . . . No garden yet.


This guy makes the BEST cherry cheesecake tarts!!


Early spring produce - rhubarb, spinach, greens, fiddleheads.


Mmmm . . . Hot, deep fried perogies!


My scores - rhubarb . . . 


 . . . beets . . . 


 . . . and fiddleheads! I've never had fiddleheads before, so I'm really looking forward to doing something with these tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment