Thursday 17 May 2012

The Local Restaurant Scene - Brio Gusto

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Tim and I took his family out for dinner on Mother's Day to Brio Gusto. It was a wonderful evening.


Happy Mother's Day!

I had the pasta special, which was a linguine al burro (linguine with chicken and spinach in a cream sauce). It was good, but I was already a little full from the cheese plate and bruschetta we got as appetizers. They do a really good job with bruschetta here topped with a nice balsamic vinegar. The cheese platter was a little bit of a disappointment. The aged cheddar was cut into cubes - it was a wonderful cheese, but the bites were difficult to match with the crostini, candied walnuts, pear and cranberry preserve, and chutney. I found the goat cheese a little bitter, and I wish the waitress had pointed out that one of the cheeses was a blue. Only Tim's aunt Jill eats blue cheese, so we didn't eat it all. The serving size was perfect for the appetizers. Chasing the Cheese provides the cheese for the platters, so I'm guessing there are better combos available on certain days. 

I think Wendy had the best plate with the fig and chevre stuffed chicken. It was perfectly cooked, as was Dean's steak and Tim's salmon. Jill really seemed to enjoy her fried perch. I think we all really enjoyed our food. It was a long wait - we were there for almost two hours. But if the company is good, waiting isn't a big deal. Our company was absolutely wonderful. I'm glad we got the chance to take Wendy and Dean out for a meal for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment