Monday 11 June 2012

Sunday Recap - Winding Down an Insane Weekend

This weekend was so nuts. I'm beyond exhausted - I need another weekend just to catch up! In short:

Friday night Tim had a post-high school wrap party drink with some of the other teachers from Norwood. While he did that, I ran errands to Canadian Tire and Home Outfitters for pots, seeds, placemats, bridal shower gifts, wine bottle organizers for the fridge, and a colander to put my spider plants in. I also think I found couch cushions Tim and I will both like for the living room! Sarah got in just after dinner and we spent the evening hanging out on the couch, watching Duck Dynasty. 

Saturday morning Sarah and I went to the market to get perogies, maple sugar candy, strawberries, and goat cheese. The dragonboat races were already well underway, so we spent the rest of the day entertaining the people who stopped by - it was great to see Mike, Dave, Carley, Brad, James, Matt, Amy, Jon, Kendra, Hayley, Charlie, and Claire. Brad and Matt stayed for dinner before Sarah DD'd us all to Jess and Mike's for a BBQ for Jess's birthday. We made a quick (very drunken) stop at Riley's afterwards before heading home. 

Sunday morning we woke up early (or I woke up early) to prep a waffle breakfast for Hayley, Charlie, Claire, and Kendra. Afterwards a few of Tim's aunts and uncles stopped by to see the house. Matt came by to pick up his car and wound up staying to go fishing with Tim. 


Tim all dressed up in his Peterborough outfit: No shirt, tattoos. 



We saw tons of bass and mating sunfish.


Baby duckies!


They had no luck catching anything - could have been because this was at noon and it was so hot outside.


Can you believe this is right outside our front door?! Amazing!

I went to a bridal shower for my friend Casey in the afternoon while Tim hung out with his parents. Sunday evening we went to the movies with Angel and Tim's family to see Snow White and the Huntsmen, but more on that later! It was such a full weekend - by the time we got home Sunday night I was just completely done and ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment