Friday 22 June 2012

James and the Mass of Rhubarb

I came to the realization last night that there was no way our CSA produce was going to fit in the fridge unless I did something with all the rhubarb James gave me last week. I LOVE rhubarb. But this much of it was a bit overwhelming, so it had just stayed in it's bag in the fridge. Once emptied for washing, it filled up nearly our entire sink!!


Josh was laughing when I told him I was processing the rhubarb, but that's really what it came down to - this made four big bags of chopped rhubarb for the freezer, plus 3 cups of chopped rhubarb in the fridge to use this weekend, plus 2 cups of chopped rhubarb to make into Rhubarb Ginger Syrup.


The syrup at least happened last night. I wanted it to be ready to taste while Josh and Rachel were still over, but it needed to cool right down, and that takes a while from boiling. It turned out the most beautiful blush pink colour. I can't wait to use this in cocktails, maybe with gin or champagne or white rum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment