Tuesday 12 June 2012

Bridal Shower - Casey & Brad

While part of the reason I love book club is because I genuinely love to read, the majority is because I love the girls in our book club. Most of us have been friends for years, but there are a couple of members who are new friends. One of our most recent additions is Casey. Casey is absolutely amazing. She's super friendly - even though she hardly knew anyone, she settled right into our book club, talking to everyone and fitting right in. She's also super smart. I love hearing her opinions on different books, as well as her commentary on things happening in her life. She's a great sounding board for my own life problems, as well. 

Casey's life might be a little stressful right now, but it's also really exciting - she's getting married in a little over a month!! Sunday we had a surprise shower for her at her future in-laws house. 


The shower was so much fun! What a great group of people - it was really nice to meet some of Casey's other friends and family. The house was absolutely gorgeous, too, all open concept with tongue and groove pine and a huge wraparound deck. Kind of my dream house, actually. 




There were lots of great gifts (I took notes for ideas for the other showers I need to go to this summer) and some really yummy munchies. Carley and Caitlin put together the bow covered apron. Casey is REALLY petite, so the apron was huge on her! More of a dress and the bows looked hilarious. She said that it made her feel like she had a really hairy chest. There was also a great BINGO style game where you had to fill out a BINGO card with gifts you thought she'd receive, and then as she opened them you checked off items until someone had a BINGO! It got pretty competitive!


Caitlin, Carley, Casey and I (why do I feel like my name doesn't match?!) 

Love these girls - so excited for you, Casey!

No comments:

Post a Comment