Wednesday 6 June 2012

Run For Your Life - A Fresh Start?


Little Lake at the end of my run - I really shouldn't complain.

We have now been living in the new house for five days and I can no longer use the excuse of unpacking to not exercise. Everything is unpacked. Everything is clean. I have a list of little to dos, but they're mostly 'as I get the money I'll do this' things. Right now? No money. So while sitting on our beautiful new couch watching our beautiful new TV is wonderful, a couch potato I refuse to be. 

Our alarm goes off at 5:55. My new goal is that any morning I wake up before the alarm, I get to go for a run! (See the peppy-fool-myself wording I used there? I started writing it as 'I have to . . . ' Mental games.) The clock read 5:47 when I rolled over this morning, so I tiptoed out of bed to get changed. I was out of the door at 6:04. I usually do loop runs because I feel like it gives me a better goal, but I haven't had a chance to map out any routes around the new place, so I just told myself I'd run up the trail into Millenium Park for ten minutes, then turn around and come back. At my current turtle-y pace, that took me to Quaker and back. I could not have asked for a better morning, though. It was cool and lovely and there were lots of people up and about. A few fishermen, one older gentleman running, a bunch of people on scooters. My knee still really hurts from when I wrenched it running with Tim last month or the month before, but it isn't unmanageable. 


Route map and stats!

No comments:

Post a Comment