Tuesday 19 June 2012

Sunday Recap - Six Months!

So as of Sunday, Tim and I have been together six months!! I know everyone says this, but it's strange - sometimes it feels like we've been together forever and sometimes it feels like I only just met him. My life with him in it has changed so much, and so much for the better. We're really close as friends, we have a great relationship, we have a loose plan as to where we're going together, and we both love where we are right now. 


Tim and I are one of those couples who just really clicked. When we met each other we were both seeing other people, but neither of those relationships lasted very long. Once we started dating each other, we just never separated. I never wanted him to leave, so he basically lived at my house. It was less than a month before we started to look for places together. It was only a couple of months before he told me he loved me - I knew well before then that I was crazy about him, but I was too scared to say it first!! It's not that we don't bicker, we certainly do, but we get along exceptionally well. Even when he's driving me crazy, I admire and love the person that he is, which is the reason why he's driving me crazy. Plus I can't ever stay mad at him, it's impossible.


 I'm so happy that Tim and I met. I'm completely crazy about him (it might be part of him driving me crazy). This first six months was wonderful - I can't wait for the next six months, and the six after that, and the next . . . LOVE!


To celebrate Sunday morning, Tim finally popped the cork on the champagne his parents gave us when we moved in. 


We had mimosas with blueberry and lemon scones and lemon curd on the deck - it was lovely. We live a bit of a charmed life. I had slept in until 11:00 before this because I didn't get home from the concert in Toronto (more on that later) until 3:00 am. After we had breakfast on the porch, I'll admit I went back to bed from about 1:00 pm until 2:30. Tim woke me up then to get ready to head to his parents' place for Sunday dinner in honour of Father's Day (not that we ever really need an excuse to go hang out at Dean and Wendy's).

We had a lovely dinner of barbequed chicken and steak, potato salad, corn on the cob, asparagus, and sweet potatoes. Sooo  much food, and it was all delicious. I put too much on my plate (a common problem of mine) and couldn't finish it. As always, we had a wonderful time. I miss my own parents so much - I tried to call and talk to my Dad, but they're social butterflies and I couldn't get a hold of him. Probably still on their fishing trip to Leamington or over at Shannon's with the baby. It is nice to have Dean and Wendy as my surrogate family here in Peterborough.


Life Lessons According to Tim and Dean - coming soon to a local radio station near you.


No clue why Tim suddenly decided to put his foot behind his head. No clue why Tim suddenly decides to do most things. 


Awww, LOVE! Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dads out there!

2 comments:

  1. Laura - just discovered your blog!! I have not met Tim but this post totally brought me back to my 6 month with Scott!! I felt the exact same way: he said I love you after a month(I said it right back!), we moved in around 6 months together and bought a house at a year and a half. We were friends first and always told people when they asked if we were dating that no we were just friends, then we both started asking ourselves why?! LOL And so it began! I knew from the very beginning this was the guy for me, and I am so thrilled that you have found that for yourself!! 3 years later we are just as in love and I hope you can say the same down the road!! Maybe I'll get to meet Tim sometime this summer!

    X Emma

    Check out my blog http://www.theemmabeandiaries.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emma! I'll admit that I'm a total creeper and have been following your blog for a while - it's wonderful!

      I'd love for you to meet Tim! I can only hope that our relationship will be as solid as you and Scott's. He's amazing and we're so good together now, but I know relationships are a lot of work. We should get together sometime and you can give me some of your secret tips!!

      Laura

      Delete