Monday 4 June 2012

The New Place - First Breakfast!

I have spent months wishing we were in the new place, and then a few weeks dreading that it came so fast and we weren't prepared. When Thursday finally came around and we could get into the new place, I had everything basically packed, the Hunter St house cleaned up, and was chomping at the bit by 10:00 am. I was so glad when our new landlady called and said she was heading over to clean. I met her at the new place and spent almost four hours scrubbing the lower level of the house - the kitchen, powder room, and where the living and dining rooms would be. After a short break for lunch, I brought everything in from the U-haul and the Element. Tim got there when there were only a couple of items left. (Typical man.) We spent the remainder of the evening going to the Brick to pick up the table (and purchase a few new items), then Angel, Josh, and Kyle all came over to help. Angel and I unpacked while Tim, Josh, and Kyle managed furniture. Angel and I took a short break for book club before coming back to keep working until 11:00.

Friday I went to work (day one of month end), while Tim stayed home and accomplished things, mostly putting together furniture and running errands for big stuff. Once I got home we had a few guests over to help out (later posts on this) and called it a fairly early night. 

I won't count Friday as our first real morning in the house because we were both a little out of sorts. But Saturday morning was wonderful. We slept in a little bit, then Tim made us both breakfast while I did a little cleaning and organizing. Any momentous occasion should involve bacon, in my opinion. In Tim's, breakfast isn't complete without eggs - he eats so many that half the time I'm worried he's going to start clucking. So our first breakfast in the new house was bacon, English muffins, and an omelette with asparagus, shiitake mushrooms, and goat cheese. It was absolutely perfect - I'm so excited for mornings like this all the time!




No comments:

Post a Comment