Wednesday 20 June 2012

Eating Out - Jack Astor's in Whitby

Prior to the Lady A concert on Saturday night in Toronto, we stopped at Jack Astor's in Whitby for an early dinner. Not early enough, given that we still missed the opening act of the concert, but it was definitely a good stop. The patio at Jack Astor's was great, the weather was amazing, and the food was really good. 


Heike and I 


Blaire, Heike, and I all got the Mediterranean Chicken Focaccia Sandwich. Kaela was also going to order it but changed her mind at the last minute. The sandwich was great - the focaccia was chewy but not hard, the vegetables were well cooked and seasoned, the chicken was a good portion. I got fries as a side and found them decently cooked. They could have been a bit crispier and they needed more seasoning. 


Kaela and Blaire

I've started a new budget, so I was pretty conscious of how much I was spending and didn't get a drink other than water. I'm glad - I didn't need the alcohol or the sugar. I wanted to order something under $15 and I'm glad I did that as well. The sandwich was $12.96 and more than a big enough portion with the fries. 


Kaela's Goldfish croutons!

Kaela's meal was the funniest. She ordered a caesar salad off the children's menu and it was so strange. It was lettuce, caesar salad dressing, and Goldfish crackers. I think she was a little bit disappointed, but we were all really amused. No croutons, no bacon, no parmesan cheese. Kind of a strange salad!

3 comments:

  1. 'Only in Peterborough' and you are writing about Whitby?? Total waste of my time reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, brave anonymous commenter - no one is forcing you to read anything, most especially me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it take more time to read the post or make the comment?

    ReplyDelete