Friday 15 June 2012

Honey-Do List - Mostly Woodworking

Tim is surprisingly talented at woodworking. He altered and refinished our coffee table and he built his dad an absolutely gorgeous Muskoka chair. He's really good at figuring out how to make things work. As long as I'm not in the room while the assembly is taking place (there generally seems to be a lot of temper tantrums), I love the finished product of what he's done. Admittedly I was skeptical at the beginning when he said he was handy, but he has proved me wrong.

Once I realized that he wasn't all full of hot air - on this particular subject - I started dreaming up projects for him. He's a teacher, he has two full months off this summer . . . He must have time to do a couple of teensy little projects for me, right? Apparently he has other ideas about how his time is to be spent. Camping trips with Evan, beers on the porch, water skiing with friends. We'll see. I think there is a compromise to be had here. In the meantime, my wishlist keeps on growing. Here are a few of the things I would love to see happen in the near future:

Pinned Image

The creation of some kind of bench/table for the patio. Tim has picked up a bunch of antique crates, but right now they're an ugly forest green. I'm hoping he comes up with something to do with them. If not, a nice cedar chest like the one above would look lovely in that space!


I'd love a mason jar candle fixture for the front porch. I've been using the porch light when I sit out there at night and it would just be so much more romantic to have something like this flickering gently. 

Pinned Image

I'm not entirely sure how you would feed them, but these pitcher plants might take care of our market-related fruit fly problem. And it would be so much prettier than the plastic cup of strawberries and vinegar we currently have on the counter.

Pinned Image

Also another option for the front porch - the hardest point would be finding the driftwood. And I am totally willing to help with the trips to the beach!!

Pinned Image

I think these would make great side tables for the front porch . . . Tim is pretty handy with a chainsaw.



This is the coolest pill holder I've ever seen. I would think that it's just about drilling holes for test tubes into the wood. You'd think a science teacher with woodworking experience could make this happen!! It also probably wouldn't cost Tim $90 to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment