Tuesday 19 June 2012

Sociable - Thanks For Helping Us Move Dinner





So we moved into the new house June 1st. Our entertaining schedule since then has been this:
    • June 1st - dinner with Angel, Mike, and Jess
    • June 3rd - dinner with the Rollwagen clan
    • June 8th - dinner with Sarah
    • June 9th - breakfast with Sarah, dinner with Sarah, Brad, and Matt
    • June 10th - breakfast with Sarah, Kendra, Hayley, Charlie, and Claire
    • June 15th - dinner with Josh, Kyle, and Angel
    • June 16th - breakfast with Blaire and Nate, dinner with Phil, Elise, and Myles
    • Planned June 19th - dinner with Cait
Did I say we loved entertaining? Apparently I really meant it!

On Friday we were having Josh and Kyle over for dinner for their help with the move, not that we ever really need an excuse. Angel stopped in when she was out for a walk, so she stayed too. I had prepped and pre-cooked the ribs Thursday night, as well as made the BBQ sauce then. Luckily the guys weren't coming by until 7:30, so I got to relax on the porch after work with Tim and have a drink!


Not too shabby on a Friday afternoon!

To round out dinner I made baked potatoes and Emeril's Kicked Up Corn Maque Choux, which is always wonderful. It's kind of a really flavourful creamed corn, although I think that makes it sound gross when it's really delicious.





Kyle approved of the BBQ sauce.


After dinner we watched Nik Wallenda make his record-breaking tightrope walk over Niagara Falls. I was shocked by how calm he was. Notably, he was tethered, but I can't believe he was carrying on a regular conversation while he did this. And he finished so fast!! I was so impressed - this guy is incredibly talented.

After the tightrope walking, Kyle and Josh convinced Tim and I to head up to Riley's to the rooftop patio with them to meet the girls, who were all out because their friend Emma had come to town to celebrate finishing her exams to become a physiotherapist. It was a beautiful night and the patio at Riley's is always so nice. It was great to see everyone!


Josh and I


Tim and Caitlin


Alana, Emma, and Rachel


Mmmm, Jager - not. Kyle, I have to say, is CRUSHING this shot cheers. 

1 comment:

  1. Kyle McConnell20 June 2012 at 08:28

    Apparently no one else had as much enthusiasm about the shots OR the bbq sauce. It was an enthusiastic kind of night.

    ReplyDelete